25 Oct Anthem Targets Radiologists (Oct, 2017)
Do you think private insurers should be prohibited from steering patients away from hospital-based imaging?
Do you believe Tomosynthesis coverage should be required as part of screening mammography service?
Are cumbersome requirements for IV contrast orders slowing down your workflow?
Do you think private insurers should not be able to deny payment for ER imaging services after the fact?
If your answer is yes to any of these questions, then you need a forum to have your voice heard.
The Ohio Radiological Society Political Action Committee (ORSPAC) provides radiology leaders and experienced lobbyists to work on these and other state government and legislative issues literally every week.
Here are a few of the accomplishments your Radiological Society has helped to make possible over the years…
- Made screening mammography coverage an insurance mandate
- Advocated successfully for increased Medicaid rates for screening mammography, for MPPR, and other procedures
- Successfully fought against an attempt to allow dermatologists to provide superficial therapeutic radiation during office visits
- Saved the Radiation Advisory Council in the Ohio Department of the Health that was scheduled for elimination in legislation that passed last year
- Worked on dense breast notification legislation to minimize the confusion of our patients and the inconvenience to our practice
There is a lot more to do, but we need resources — especially with an upcoming election year. Please consider a donation to the ORSPAC in the $25 – $250 range. The ORSPAC needs your support today to help ensure a bright tomorrow for Ohio’s professional radiology community.
It takes only a minute. Please click the secure link below.
The ORSPAC cannot accept corporate contributions. All contributions are voluntary.
Thank you for investing in the future of our specialty and profession.
Thomas Nogueira, MD